Looking for something Blue?
Nothing says blue like a Blue Ocean Signature Cocktail!
This is the classic tropical cocktail, a spectacular bright blue, a hint of sweet and sour and a it has a bit of a kick. Perfectly suited to sipping by the pool or on the beach as the sun goes down. It also has that color that make it perfect to dress up with paper umbrellas, wax flowers or wedges of fruit on the side. You really can’t over dress this drink. The recipe is easy to scale up but do be careful as it is pretty strong. You could also lower the alcohol a bit by increasing the amount of grapefruit juice, but you would want to also increase the syrup to balance the sweet and sour elements. You may also want to add a little more blue curacao. This would allow you to fill a small brandy balloon that you could savor as you unwind.
1 oz. vodka
1/2 oz. blue curacao
1/3 oz. grapefruit juice
1-2 splashes simple syrup
Add all ingredients to a shaker filled with ice; shake, then strain and serve either straight up in a martini glass or over ice. Garnish with an orange slice & tropical flowe
Recipe and Photo via Punch Bowl
- Strawberries, sliced
- Pineapple, cut into star shapes
- 2 bottles dry white wine
- 1 cup Triple Sec
- 1/2 Cup berry-flavored vodka
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup simple syrup
Combine the ingredients in a large pitcher and stir. Chill in the refridgerator for at least four hours.
Signature Cocktail for a warm wedding in the Caribbean
Frozen Ginger Lemonade
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 3 1/2 cups water
- 3 to 4 large slices (3 1/2 inches long and 1/4 inch thick) peeled fresh ginger
- 2 cups fresh lemon juice (from about 8 lemons)
- Lemon rounds, for garnish
- Bring sugar and 1 cup water to a boil in a saucepan, stirring to dissolve sugar. Stir in ginger. Remove from heat. Let cool.
- Transfer ginger pieces to a blender with remaining 21/2 cups water, and blend until finely chopped. Strain, discarding solids. Pour ginger water into syrup, and stir lemon juice. Pour into a 9-by-13-inch metal baking pan, and freeze overnight.
- Break frozen mixture into chunks, and transfer to a bowl. Whisk until slushy. Divide among glasses, and garnish with lemon rounds.
Not in the market for a destination wedding Signature Cocktail, choose this one to celebrate the official weekend of summer!
Recipe and image via Martha Stewart Wedding
It was love at first sight!! A coconut filled with a pink tropical libation. Presentation as always indicated is a BIG plus, this cocktail delivers from the glass (lack thereof) and the color it is sure to wow!
Amp up the cool factor, serve frozen!
Coastal Living Magazine featured this recipe, ok so this is one of 15 Coconut Recipes.
- 1 (1.75-liter) bottle raspberry lemonade (we used Simply Lemonade) $
- 1 3/4 cups coconut rum
- 1 cup amaretto liqueur
- Combine raspberry lemonade, coconut rum, and amaretto liqueur in a large pitcher. Stir well, and serve over ice.
THE S’MORES MARTINI
1 oz. chocolate vodka
1 oz. Baily’s Irish Cream
1 oz. chocolate liquor
1 oz. Cream de Cacao
1 oz. vanilla vodka
2 oz. heavy cream
Toasted marshmallows, graham crackers (crushed), chocolate syrup, bamboo Martini skewers.
Dip the rim of glasses into the chocolate syrup, then into the crushed crackers. Chill glasses in freezer.
Pour all remaining ingredients, except marshmallows, into a Martini shaker filled with ice, and shake until well blended.
Pour into martini glasses.
Skewer the toasted marshmallows on the bamboo skewers, place across the rim and serve.
Recipe Courtesy of Elle Rochelle Blogspot
The Pear Martini
The Pear Martini is an elegant addition to fall destination wedding.
1 1/4 oz. Smirnoff Pear vodka
1/2 oz. St. Germain elderflower liqueur
1/4 oz. Sour Apple Pucker
Fruits & mixers:
In a cocktail shaker, mix vodka and liqueurs with ice and shake vigorously. Strain into a martini glass and float champagne. Garnish with pear slice.
Recipe courtesy bartender Kyle Kline
Union Bar + Food
782 N. High St., Short North
Recipe from Columbus Alive